By 92convert
Posts Avatar
I went through 2 set of good pistons for my 87 Chevrolet sprint turbo. the culprit is the connecting rod bushings are worn out of spec, can really felt the giggling. Does anyone bushing business anymore ? Can’t find online or anywhere in Alberta Canada. Went to the engine rebuilt shops with no luck , they refuse to take a look.
By 92convert
Posts Avatar
Calgary NW, Evanston area, I don’t know MK1 T3 rod is the same as that of MK2 T3 but it’s the same as that of GT. The pistons are totally different between MK1 andMK2.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
gti shares the same wrist pins as mk2 t3….one set of pistons i ran in my 1.0 were meant for a gti, i ran t3 rods and pins in them no problem…i used teflon buttons instead of wrist pin clips
they were '‘p29′' pistons (honda :sick: )
By 92convert
Posts Avatar
WOO HOO thank you VERRY much I’ll look into that. Could you elaborate a little bit more on p29 Honda, I’m don’t know much about Honda and how to find it ( year , engine size, etc ). The wrist pins I can change with no problem, it’s the bushing that is pressed in the rod that I need to replace.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
mike @3tech would know ALOT more than me….all i know is that the '‘p29 honda’' pistons i got from him were meant for a gti, bit still fit a 1.0 block no issues.. but at a silly 11 to 1 ratio :-o
there should be bushings out there somewhere…..
By 92convert
Posts Avatar
Can anyone measure the OD, ID and overall length of the connecting rod bushing for swift GT, MK1 T3 and MK2 T3 ? I believe those rods are the same. I’m in contact with a machinist who can make those for us.
Casper 2.0

https://youtu.be/KeR7CO1WZmk

Did I see a front bumper cover too? Mine's been tr[…]

SSGTI.com car...

Is was the red one. With bodykit. It is an mk2 GT[…]

MKI G10T ISC and EGR VSV

Seeking a good working MKI G10T vacuum switching v[…]