Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By macuserman
fireflyse wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Fixed Breezy’s last issue with the air conditioning today. I so far I had to replace a compressor that couldn’t hold its lubricant and reconnect a relay the someone had left unplugged. It worked at that point but could not be shut off independently from the blower motor. Turn on the fan and the A/C came on. Today I was trying to get the radio out of Breezy (if anyone has hints I could use them) when I found the A/C switch wiring had been patched and rather badly. I had a spare and threw it in and it now works fully as designed. The seller told us at the time of sale that the A/C was working.

I want to say that on the factory radio you had to go in behind the glove box area, or something like that and ready up behind the radio with a tiny ratcheting spammer and undo the nut in the back that holds it in. It’s been a long minute but I remember it being a little tricky and needing a small hand.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
yup, just pulled an oem radio from a ’91- there is a 8 mm nut that threads onto a stud on the back of the radio, fits into a bracket / hole back in the dash
By macuserman
blueturbofly wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 am

yup, just pulled an oem radio from a ’91- there is a 8 mm nut that threads onto a stud on the back of the radio, fits into a bracket / hole back in the dash

Ah so my memory isn’t shot after all lol. I still have the unit I pulled from my 91 somewhere although it is missing the connector for the harness, because I carefully disassembled it de soldered the connector then put it back together again. All so I could make my own pigtail harness adapter without hacking up the factory wiring lol. yeah amazon wasn’t really a thing then and I didn’t know where to get one. :laugh: :laugh:
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
macuserman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:49 pm
fireflyse wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Fixed Breezy’s last issue with the air conditioning today. I so far I had to replace a compressor that couldn’t hold its lubricant and reconnect a relay the someone had left unplugged. It worked at that point but could not be shut off independently from the blower motor. Turn on the fan and the A/C came on. Today I was trying to get the radio out of Breezy (if anyone has hints I could use them) when I found the A/C switch wiring had been patched and rather badly. I had a spare and threw it in and it now works fully as designed. The seller told us at the time of sale that the A/C was working.

I want to say that on the factory radio you had to go in behind the glove box area, or something like that and ready up behind the radio with a tiny ratcheting spammer and undo the nut in the back that holds it in. It’s been a long minute but I remember it being a little tricky and needing a small hand.

Actually it was far easier than I thought. Turns out in a MKIII the single din radio and the cubby/clock are both screwed to a metal frame . The frame is secured by four screws at the front and one in the rear - underneath. M3x.8 with an 8mm head. it’s hidden from view in a recess on the back side of the lower cross dash support. I got the clock installed but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get the clock working properly and need a schematic. I know red/yellow goes to the dash light input. Then there is a white with a black tracer, another white and a black. I could not get the back light to turn on and it would reset the clock to 1:00 when the lights were turned on.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
New rubber for Breezy today. Many thanks to Kevin @blinkryba and the team at Market Tire on 8th street in Saskatoon. Breezy went from strong arm to feather light and from hula dancer wobbly to silky smooth. Turns out all four wheels are either rim bent or hub bent so they are all in effect scrap. At 120kph (74.5mph) there is a noticeable vibration in the rear so they will be replaced one day. The youngest tire was seven years old and the eldest was 14. They were way past the best before date.
Breezy gets better every day.
Last edited by fireflyse on Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walt, blueturbofly liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
I see your 14 year old tires and raise you the 22 + year old tires i changed out friday….hard as rocks !
always nice to have fresh skins. too bad about the wheels, but that should be easy to rectify, and they are only steel wheels, not like they are damaged suzuki sport 14′'s :-D
fireflyse liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
New carpet day. A previous owner was a heavy smoker and there were burns everywhere. With this final step remediation of the last trace of the smoker is complete.

Walt, gt4tified liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
OEM Geo floor mats. I know they’re from a 95 but they are far nicer than the rubber mat’s that were available at the time in 1992.Image
Still waiting on the 6 spoke wheel covers to arrive
I have a set of Geo Decals for the centres of the wheel covers so it matches the brochure image
gt4tified liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Walt liked this
Casper 2.0

I can set the timing anywhere but if I add boost a[…]

Can I contact Administration? It is important. R[…]

MK1 5 Speed Transmission

Thanks Dale , looking forwards to hearing from you[…]

Breezy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2LVIAKlDwI