Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
suprf1y wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am Dumbing down? It's a significantly better car than any of the previous generations.
Definately not in the looks department...
By kranky99
Posts Avatar
Swifterthanu wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:25 am
suprf1y wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am Dumbing down? It's a significantly better car than any of the previous generations.
Definately not in the looks department...
Personally I've always been a fan of the big booty on the mk4/5's! Cram a lotta stuff back there!
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
I ordered another Hyundai bumper so that I can set up the bumper for another round of mods. I had wanted to make a solid bottom for the lower piece so that it would fit flush to the splitter. First, I glassed three layers of cloth to the splitter, using it as a mold for the solid bottom. After it was done I glassed the lower (cut off upper section) piece and found that regardless of roughing up the plastic, the glass and resin will not stick to it at all. So I will be taking another route. I will be posting pictures tomorrow.

I will post pics of what I intended to do. I will be going the route of forming it in foam then to do a "buck" using the pieces I've cut and molded. I have solicited the help of a friend who glasses regularly so hopefully I can get it right.
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
kranky99 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:39 pmPersonally I've always been a fan of the big booty on the mk4/5's! Cram a lotta stuff back there!
Fortunately for this car the only thing going in the back seat is my daughter and her car seat. I've always been the one who doesn't eat or drink in my vehicles so no errant fries in the seat rails. If I need a truck to haul something I will pull out the Ford. Long distance trips will be in our SUV so this car is going to be living the easy life.
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
So when I open the box with the new bumper that arrived yesterday I will ask the masses what direction I go with the glassing.
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
Not much news here as winter sets in and the snow begins to fall. Not conducive to working on our toys in the weather. Longing for a large shop again.
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
Knocking the dust off for the winter project…
macuserman liked this
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
Played with D-CPTR today. I went through and swapped out to adjustable intermittent wipers from a ’99 Suzuki Esteem. Since the Esteem was going back to the Suzuki Gods, she also gave up her 45mm Throttle Body. I looked into my box of new Suzuki goodies (I now have 7 boxes) and confirmed my speedo cable is the right one so that I can put in my Tach Gauge cluster.

All the bits and parts are being slowly being put into her and it will slowly be transformed…MTF

PS: Made an old man mistake today:

All this collecting of parts over the years for D-CPTR made me complacent. I assumed that the Konig rims that I had purchased were just the rims for my new Nitto NexGen’s. It seems that in a rush to get a good deal…I bought 15″ rims for 16″ tires…It looks like my Falkens that are on my GTi are getting replaced. After all, they only have 21K on them in the last 12 years.
Walt liked this

I got my shirts while I was away. They look great,[…]

I'm finally back home. I have barely been here sin[…]

Nachi and Koyo are both great bearings. Made in Ja[…]

new job

Good luck in the lock down :-/