Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1611.JPG (115.36 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1611.JPG
another project on the go. needed a truck to run garbage to the dump, so one of those cars i rescued a few weeks ago went under the knife.
needs a few minor things. all the parts i have been sourcing from my stockpile/stash/hoard of parts.
so far-
replaced-
a non-working fuel pump, put a used tank/pump in. (thats most likely why they parked it 14 years ago...)
clutch cable (missing) battery cable (missing). dash buttons missing/not working (headlight / wiper switches)
cv axle (torn boot). headlamp bulbs (poor connections, upgraded to led)
front struts. rear struts. ignition switch and door locks. they all had keys broken off in them!
window regulator drivers side. need to check pass side, its really stiff.
both door panels. door hinge on drivers side is shot.
oil &filter change, syncromesh in the transmission. spark plugs from a different engine (ngk)
160,150,150 compression. good enough to get to the dump and back.
needs plug wires. strut helper springs in the rear-1 inch of lift!
all of the parts (except for the helper springs) came out of my boxes of parts.
so far i'm into the car for $26 for the helper springs. next comes the steel for the back wall.
Attachments:
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG (153.95 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1612.JPG (120.83 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
:roll: I don't know why it posted the same pic 3 times instead of just once.....my fat fingers..... :lol: :roll:
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Just love your Fly-up.
By top [email protected]
suprf1y wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:30 am Always wanted to build one
Ditto that. There was one here in town but I haven't seen it in a decade.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
I will ''rhino guard'' the ''box'' area.
then the wife said ''rhino guard the whole damn car-get it in the same color and be done with it''
hmmm.....orange peel finish, but on purpose! :lol:
that would seal all the weld seams for the back wall/roof
put in two pipes from the heater core, run straight water in the rad, portable hot tub!
''sorry, I need 2 hours run time to reach bathing temperature''-how far away are you? :lol: :lol:

I am using whatever I have on hand to build this car, but I may have to buy steel for the back wall. I have 1'' sq tubing for the ''roll cage'' (bus seat frames, with pre-bent 90* sections) and very proficient with a mig welder.
was also thinking of a snowplow on the front for winter. :lol:
By top [email protected]
blueturbofly wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:47 pm I will ''rhino guard'' the ''box'' area.
then the wife said ''rhino guard the whole damn car-get it in the same color and be done with it''
hmmm.....orange peel finish, but on purpose! :lol:
I saw a Suburban painted like that at a gas station. They used it off road and said it worked great at protecting the body from scratches. A dimpled surface will increase fuel economy :D . Throw a hydraulic pump in the back and mount a riding mower snow blower on the front. I think you can get them as wide as the car.
By Walt
Posts Donations Avatar
That is a nice use of an old car.
Really good idea to use the rhino guard for your use.
Keep up the nice work 8-)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
a sheet of 16 ga steel is $76, 4'x8'. they do have 5'x8' sheets, but no price on those...

checked last night, the pass side window regulator is worn out as well. :roll: out to a parts car to find a decent one.

needs a radio of some sorts, someone tried pulling out the factory one and all the knobs are missing, and they broke the face of the radio as well :roll: I don't see why someone would want a factory am/fm radio :lol:
I have a few old cd players in a box somewhere...... :lol:
will use the roof skin to make patches to weld over the rear pillars and roof sections where I cut the roof off.
noticed it needs a drivers side seatbelt-its badly frayed. this car will be registered and insured, completely road legal.
not sure if I want to run 12'', 13'' or 14'' tires on this one.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am a sheet of 16 ga steel is $76, 4'x8'. they do have 5'x8' sheets, but no price on those...

checked last night, the pass side window regulator is worn out as well. :roll: out to a parts car to find a decent one.

needs a radio of some sorts, someone tried pulling out the factory one and all the knobs are missing, and they broke the face of the radio as well :roll: I don't see why someone would want a factory am/fm radio :lol:
I have a few old cd players in a box somewhere...... :lol:
will use the roof skin to make patches to weld over the rear pillars and roof sections where I cut the roof off.
noticed it needs a drivers side seatbelt-its badly frayed. this car will be registered and insured, completely road legal.
not sure if I want to run 12'', 13'' or 14'' tires on this one.
I have blue seat belts avaiiable
MKI Turbo Firefly

Seeking a RHB32 turbocharger in working condition.

G13B head gasket

The Suzuki MLS is one of the hardiest head gaske[…]

pontiac truck

changed a inside broken hood latch release handle.[…]

had an odd vibe / noise when on the highway....w[…]