Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By Miniswift
Posts Avatar
So this project was started when I got hold of a mk1 Gti rolling shell in 2013.
It was picked up by Jerry and prepared my body shell with a Justy floor pan which is mk3 AF34S rebadged to Subaru in European market.

This car was came to me as a rolling shell and I have few spares. So I can use up some of them and build my dream mk1 Gti.

Then after few years of promise….. never materialised and with salty air of where my car was kept. This happened.

This was where my roll cage was fitted but after welding, floor wasn’t treated with correct method so rusted away.

Thankfully, Andy AKA Garndi took over build for me.
All of nasty rust has been treated and getting race spec roll cage is hopefully welded within next month or so.

My baby is taken away!

Engine wise, I have been busy building it for a while.
First, I got CNC machine block for “block guard”
Then same data is used to cut billet.
Then cast steel liner to be fitted.

cast in liner bored out.

Oil squirter fitted.
Bottom brace fitted.Image

Turbo manifold made
This is about last 6 years!
I hope Andy can help me to finish this year!

Cheers
Atchi
Last edited by Miniswift on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
macuserman liked this
Welcome. I remember your name. Glad to see you found the site. Looking forward to watching the build continue.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Wow awesome build plan. I did not know there was a MKI 4WD Justy. Welcome, I will be following this thread.
By Miniswift
Posts Avatar
No my friend...
This is only one in the world!
This orignal car is FWD and all of floor has carefully taken off by drilling spot welds one by one. Outer skin of mk1 is kept and mk3('96) Justy was done the same vice-versa then marry 2 bodies together to make an AWD mk1 Gti.
A lot of work but Jerry has done it to 2 of his Minis.

Cheers
Atchi
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
That looks like a lot of work. What diameter pistons are you going with? It looks like there is not much meat between the cylinders left. I saw a lot of controversy on Redlinegti.com about using the block guard. The closing comments I guess were as long as it is fitted righted. Do you have the dxf file for cutting the bottom brace? That would definitely be something I'm interested in. What is the weigh in for a MK1? I can't place the turbo, but it looks like a t3 inlet flange. Looking awesome thanks for sharing.
By Miniswift
Posts Avatar
bottom brace is from Craig but I think he stopped making them.
My block gurad will be OK as not like veryone else's I used specific not generic.
Also, I have block grouted as well with JB Weld. So it will be solid and no movements means no damaged to the top also.
Not sure how heavy my mk1 will be but I'm hoping it will be 750Kg mark.
My liners are OK for 450Bhp in Rover 1.4 K-series engine with 32psi. I will be going for about 25 to 28psi with Injector dynamics 750cc injectors.

Cheers
Atchi
macuserman liked this
By Miniswift
Posts Avatar
Hi,

So my car is now fitted with roll cage.
It is 8 points cage with 1.75″ & 1.5″ motor sports grade CDS tubes, so I have been told!

From front.

From rear hatch area.

Main cage is 1.75″

You need to learn Yoga to get into this car now!

So seat fitting is done and should be ready to collect soon!

Cheers
Atchi
jumpinwired liked this
asics aussehen

Arvind Kejriwal greift Venkaiah Naidu an, um einen[…]

rucksack herren

ÿþDie kostengünstigste Option ist […]

ADIDAS CLASSIC

ÿþFinishing features include Campus bra[…]

92 Black GT

I feel you life has been going so fast I have a ha[…]