By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
When I pulled my rear seat to disconnect the fuel pump wiring I noticed how many things had been installed or messed up in the interior. It drives me crazy some of the things people do. I noticed this one a long time ago that although I have split seats someone had taken a solid bracket and put machine screws in all the way across the back of the seat to keep the two splits seats together. I’m assuming the original part broke or they put it on another car. I can tell from MegaZip that there are two parts to the center hinge (87860-60B00-000 Hinge,rear back,center, and 87862-60B00-000 REINFORCEMENT,RR SEAT BACK HNG). The reinforcement is available but the hinge is not. Can someone post up a few pictures of the center hinge so I can manufacture the part. I’ll put a WTB for the part also.

Part 17 & 18 (I probably will also need part 12 83531-78000-000 CASE,RR SEAT BACK HINGE PIN)

By suzukitom
Posts Avatar
I am assembling my 1999 Metro sedan split rear seatback later today. I am not sure if it is the same as the older Swift split seat backs but I can post some photos. (I guess the Gallery does not work so I will attempt to add an inline picture to avoid a broken picture link. (sigh)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
suzukitom wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:04 am

part angles

yup, the one that has the two pins / studs is the center hinge for the split seats. there is a flat piece of tin that acts like a large washer,it goes inside the spare tire well area, then the 2 ~ 6 mm nuts. more of a reinforcement plate.
i have seen the plate have 2 studs thru it, then the nuts hold the hinge.
one car had random barn door hinges back there…. :beaten:
What did you do to your Swift today

bought more parts....a running, somewhat driving […]

RZCrew Garage Intakes

A word to the wise. SRD are rip off artist. Avoid[…]

92 Black GT

I tighten my alternator today, cleaned down the ca[…]

new job

:-o wow :-o i wrote a small list of items for t[…]