By DriverNaut
Posts Avatar
I don't know about y'all but LED headlights are a must for using these Georgia roads at night. I just got these in yesterday from Ebay and I'm really impressed with the output!
IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG (2.41 MiB) Viewed 7511 times
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 7511 times
The best part is they only set me back $16 :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XENTRONIC-LED- ... 2749.l2649

I only changed one of them to see the difference and drove around a bit to see as well. The halogen doesn't do nearly as well as the LED (obviously).
IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2704.JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 7511 times
By GhostntheMachine
Posts Donations Avatar
Thanks for the Write Up.
I have HID in my SSGT and also Like them over stock Brighter Then the low beam stock lights
Now I wish I had Hi beam HID so I'm might hook up a pair of Cree Driving Light To help
....GnM
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
are those led headlamps fan cooled, and if so do they interfere with radio reception? I would be surprised if they were fan cooled and didn't interfere with your radio or other electronics.

but they sure are nice, led or hid headlamp upgrades.
I run hid in all my personal vehicles- i have had issues with radio interference with ''first gen fan cooled'' led lamps
now the newer led lamps have ''aluminum mesh webbing'' for cooling instead of fans. those ones don't cause radio interference.
my dd- light up the night!
my dd- light up the night!
IMG_1529.JPG (115.48 KiB) Viewed 7498 times
that's my daily driver, hid headlamp bulbs, all other led
By DriverNaut
Posts Avatar
blueturbofly wrote:are those led headlamps fan cooled, and if so do they interfere with radio reception? I would be surprised if they were fan cooled and didn't interfere with your radio or other electronics.

but they sure are nice, led or hid headlamp upgrades.
I run hid in all my personal vehicles- i have had issues with radio interference with ''first gen fan cooled'' led lamps
now the newer led lamps have ''aluminum mesh webbing'' for cooling instead of fans. those ones don't cause radio interference.
IMG_2705.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 7495 times
that's my daily driver, hid headlamp bulbs, all other led
I believe they are fan cooled. But I haven't had a problem so far with my radio or electronics, though I literally just installed them. I do, however only use one station through my stereo and hook that station up to my bluetooth 12V receiver so I can listen to music and podcasts through my barely existent speakers lol. Also the fan housing does stick out a bit more than the stock option (see pic below) and the cap that holds the stock bulb in there isn't big enough to fit over the fan housing, but I found it really doesn't need it. The led bulb has it's own locking mechanism.
IMG_2705.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 7495 times
What's the difference between HID and LED?? Is there one? lol

Nice ride! I'm sure you light up the night when all those lights are on! I've been thinking about mounting LED bars like you did. How much did that set up cost?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
led- light emitting diode

hid- high intensity discharge

led lamps use 12 volt to ''fire'' the diodes- less power consumed, less wasted heat energy.

hid lamps are glass, similar to sodium lamps and halogens- the hid requires a ''ballast'' to ramp up the 12 volt input, up to 30,000 volts for some models, in order to get the bulb to ''fire''. they run hotter, have more ''wasted'' heat energy .
its that high voltage and gases inside the bulb that make them bright, as well as different gasses and voltages make for different color temps.
anything over 6,500 kelvin (color temp) and they get too ''blue'' for my liking.
12,000 k is more purple than blue, or white for that matter.
the lower in k you go, the more ''yellow'' the lamp will be.

don't forget about ''lumens''-that's the actual brightness at said kelvin rating

I had a pair of fan-cooled led's in my Isuzu- 75 watt,12,000 lumen, 6000 k
stupid bright, but too much interference thru the fm radio. switched back to hid, the interference thru the radio is gone.

then there is the whole debate over what bulb type to use in what housing...that's another can of worms... :roll:

on my metro in the picture, the 6''single row lights were $7 each; the 24'' single row bar was $30; the largeround 5'' were $70 each. the corner/signal markers were $45 each.

I have lots of animals on my commute to and from work everyday. but I don't use all of them on the highway, unless absolutely needed---or if someone else doesn't turn off their light bars...they get a flash... 8-)
By DriverNaut
Posts Avatar
Thanks for the lesson! :D So from what I heard LEDs are better..? lol

I ones I bought are 6000K, 244 watts, and 24,400 Lumens per headlight :mrgreen: so plenty electricity to light up the sky.

I don't think that's too bad of a price at all! Whereabouts did you get the lights? Also how did you wire them? Can a normal battery handle all the extra lights?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
most of my led/ hid lighting comes from ebay, but now I have more choices in town, just a higher price point.

led lights have very minimal draw on the electrical system- a well maintained factory electrical system would do just fine; you could upgrade to a 55 amp alt, from a vert, or some remans are 55 amp. stock alt is 35 amp-not very big.
or you could do a'' cs130'' upgrade, to a 105 (?)amp alternator... :twisted:
By CrystalWhite
Posts Avatar
I use these cheap LED bulbs in every car in our family stable, including my GTi and Fiesta ST. They work great, produce lots of light and are dirt cheap. These are a huge improvement to the old crap HID kits you could buy for the same price. Time will tell how long they last but it will be much longer to similarly priced HID kits. I know you’re not really supposed to run these in halogen housings but my cars are so low to the ground I never get flashed.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

mk2 t3 engine build

I think this is an external Suzuki block heater el[…]

Geo Metro Palooza is coming up early in Aug. Grea[…]

Casper 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzZ5XLUIc

Western Canada meet

All things in time. If it happens again next year[…]