By mospeada11
Would you know whether an after market hood damper kit has been produced for the 1989-98 Suzuki Swift?
By macuserman
Don’t think so, can’t be that hard to make though, I’m sure there would be a market for at least a few that piece is always destroyed.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
macuserman wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Don’t think so, can’t be that hard to make though, I’m sure there would be a market for at least a few that piece is always destroyed.

Hood damper?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
suzukitom wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:15 pm

damper = bumper

Those 2 rubber screw in thingies that keep the edge of the hood from fluttering when latched closed

Makes complete sense now that I’ve been schooled, I was thinking something hydraulic like a steering damper. The Japanese call it a cushion.
Last edited by fireflyse on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
mospeada11 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Would you know whether an after market hood damper kit has been produced for the 1989-98 Suzuki Swift?

#12 in the image. $2.54 us each. How many do you want? https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... el-3815006
By suzukitom
Posts Avatar
just in case the original poster was referring to a hood/bonnet strut lift system .. you can make one out of two worn out rear hatch door strut lifts.. and some brackets . when the rear hatch lifts lose gas pressure its usually just the perfect strength to raise and support the lighter metal metal hood/bonnet.
By macuserman
Man and here I was thinking he meant the padding on the underside of the hood. :laugh: :laugh: I think we need the poster to clarify.
By suzukitom
Posts Avatar
macuserman wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:46 am

Man and here I was thinking he meant the padding on the underside of the hood. :laugh: :laugh: I think we need the poster to clarify.

The pad under the hood/bonnet is called a ‘silencer’, which most definitely means something else in America.

I’m now sure the original poster was referring to the hood lift support struts , as there is a commercial website named exactly that which sells kits.

unfortunately no listings for Swifts here:
http://bonnet-damper.com/shop/en/22-suzuki?p=4
What did you do to your Swift today

fixed a rather annoying squeaky / grinding rear dr[…]

GT Valve Springs?

I spent a little time looking for a suitable repla[…]

T Shirts Now Available!!

yup, my shirts arrived yesterday. should have boug[…]

Hello Suz Sw Repos

Good to see you here. I might have a GT 5 speed l[…]