Thread Split From Original WTB: “SUZUKI SF413 SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICE MANUAL FOR GTI ” PART NUMBER: 99501-64B00-01E

Instant_shine wrote:

My fascination has always been the mk2 GTi. And I have the manual (pdf) which covers the mk2 entirely. For practicality I have the section that covers the EFI printed out.
But as of a few years ago, I bought an mk3 shell that was in really really good shape and I have been messing with it and restoring bits and pieces that were missing to get it up on the road.
But the one thing that has always bothered me since the days of the original teamswift.net and redline gti, and I can’t understand why suzuki did it, is that there are 2 different plugs on the ECU wiring harness between the mk2 and mk3. One of those plugs, plugs near the fusebox in the engine bay, beside the battery, and the other plug, plugs inside of the car under the dash near the ECU. These are the only 2 plugs that are different on the ECU wiring harness between the mk2 GTi and mk3 GTi and the wiring colors are not the same…
This has me wondering:

1. Is there an mk3 workshop manual? Or is there like a supplementary manual that covers the mk3 wiring?
  2. At the end of the mk2 gti workshop manual, there is a wiring schematics for the entire car (mk2)! With the colors of the wires incorporated into it. I assume there should be something similar for the mk3 gti because there is a difference at least in those 2 plugs I mentioned earlier.

I really wish I could get that last part of the mk3 gti wiring diagram of the car, the last section of the manual.

Hi Mate,

I recently acquired the 1993 Swift Wiring Diagram Manual. Very nice bit of literature and far more comprehensive than the wiring diagrams at the end of the GTi manual.

Do you have a photo of the plugs and can you show me where they are? Do you know the wire colours?

The manual contains the harness route diagrams and also the list of connectors with their pinouts and physical shapes (!) for SOHC and DOHC so I might be able to work it out for you.

(I might split this topic and move this part of the thread over to the MKk.2 & 3 GTi Electronics section if that’s cool?)

Cheers,

Drew
Walt liked this
DrelvisGTi wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 pm

Hi Mate,

I recently acquired the 1993 Swift Wiring Diagram Manual. Very nice bit of literature and far more comprehensive than the wiring diagrams at the end of the GTi manual.

Do you have a photo of the plugs and can you show me where they are? Do you know the wire colours?

The manual contains the harness route diagrams and also the list of connectors with their pinouts and physical shapes (!) for SOHC and DOHC so I might be able to work it out for you.

(I might split this topic and move this part of the thread over to the MKk.2 & 3 GTi Electronics section if that’s cool?)

Cheers,

Drew

Hi Drew,

I also managed to grab a workshop wiring manual for the ’93 swift and a ’91 workshop manual from Ebay.
I’ll be waiting for them.

That is a great idea to split the thread.

Thank you.
DrelvisGTi liked this
Hi Mate,

Well, the SF413 GTi Supplement manual (that was the subject of the title of the previous thread) finally turned up today in the post!

An unexpected bonus is that it is exclusively Mk.3 GTi related! And even better, it has a body electrical section with a harness routing diagram included.

There appear to be plug(s) located under the dash that are related to a) Seat Heater Switch, b) Headlight Washer Switch and/or c) Headlight Levelling Switch. These are all optional but I can’t help but wonder if the wiring-looms are all common between the differently optioned cars and the plugs just left unused (?)

I think we’re getting closer to discovering our answer. I’ll be checking my own car over in the morning to see if I can find out more…

Cheers,

Drew
It would be nice to have these electrical diagrams specific to MK.3 GT(i) vs having to use the base Swift MK3 diagrams. For alot of stuff I have to use the way more complete diagrams from a 94 Geo Metro FSM. I have a 92 supplement and the 92 FSM for the Swift and they just have the large fold out in the back specific to each variation.
What did you do to your Swift today

replaced a passengers side door handle that had br[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKX9EP1ecU&t=[…]

new job

new parts guy has already moved some shelving arou[…]

92 Black GT

I sorted a few loose ends today. My new Race Spor[…]