By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I thought I would start this thread to log anything useful and post questions about MegaSquirt II throughout my installation. I ordered everything yesterday so should be here by the end of the week. I guess I’ll start by posting what I bought and price which could be useful for others. It will be interesting to see where the prices go in the next year or so.

Product Quantity Price
MS230-K Kit with MapDaddy4 Upgrade 1 $388.00
Bosch BIP373 Coil Driver Mod Kit 1 $10.00
MegaSquirt Boost Control Mod Kit 1 $9.00
8′ MegaSquirt Wiring Harness (MS1/MS2/MS3 Ready) 1 $83.00
USB to Serial Adapter - Trouble Free!! 1 $28.99
JimStim v1.5 MegaSquirt Stimulator with Wheel Simulator - Unassembled 1 $80.00
GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector 1 $21.00
⅜″ NPT Aluminum Weld-On Bung for IAT or CLT Sensor 1 $9.49
MegaSquirt PWM IAC Valve Control (TIP120) ‘Mod-Kit’ 1 $9.00
Subtotal: $638.48

Important to note that there is a cheaper version of the MegaSquirt II without the upgrade, and you don’t need the coil driver, boost controller mods.

Also probably important to note that I had already bought a decent soldering station and soldering removing vacuum gun. These would be essential for putting together the unassembled kits. They do make these already assembled for more money, but the assembly would be harder to change since they use smaller components.
macuserman, Walt liked this
By macuserman
Awesome, I’m excited to follow your progress on this. The only builds I’ve seen that did this were very hush hush and they never shared all the details.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I received the Megasquirt package yesterday, but barely had a chance to even open the box. I’ll start by taking pictures of the different components. I haven’t gotten a chance to read anything yet so I’m at least a week out before I start assembling anything.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
Where to Start
I didn’t take pictures yet since I don’t want to unwrap the meticulously wrapped bundles. I double checked my purchase order with what I received. All here except I noticed that I didn’t get the black anodized box the MS2 but instead received the casing silver box for the MS3. I went back to check the order page and found this note:

Important Note: Due to supply chain challenges and the lack of ability to have parts anodized at this time, we are transitioning the enclosure used with our MS2 ECUs. Your MS2 will now include a brushed silver finish MS3 enclosure, which will help facilitate potential future upgrades from MS2 to MS3 without extra cost. We appreciate your understanding.

I guess this a good thing, except for maybe the size of the box might be slightly larger. Where and the heck is this thing going I’m not 100% sure .

I skimmed through the Setting Up manual which there is a pdf or online version for every version of Megasquirt. I’m using MS2. This is pretty much a flow chart of the steps you need to take to setup Megasquirt after you have built, tested, and installed the unit. A good idea to skim through so you know what you are getting into before starting anything. However, this is not where you start since you need to assemble and test the unit first. From the same manual page you can find the MS2/V3.0 Hardware manual (the un-assembled version) as a PDF or online information. Seems like a good place to start. Nope! It is recommended that you assemble the JimStim simulator first. Especially if your new or rusty at soldering. You can find the Assembly Instruction on the MegaSquirt Manual Index page which is a page back from the Setup and Hardware manuals. The link is MegaStim/ JimStim information. The JimStim has more features for testing then the older MegaStim. It is nice to know that I got the latest version JimStim v1.5.

JimStim Assembly Instructioons A good place to start.
http://jbperf.com/JimStim/JimStim_v1_5_ ... l#assembly
Walt liked this
asics aussehen

Arvind Kejriwal greift Venkaiah Naidu an, um einen[…]

rucksack herren

ÿþDie kostengünstigste Option ist […]

ADIDAS CLASSIC

ÿþFinishing features include Campus bra[…]

92 Black GT

I feel you life has been going so fast I have a ha[…]