By macuserman
I ordered some valve seals for my rebuild project and when they came they have this large metal flange around them. Is that right? I had another sample one and it didn’t have the big metal flange on it. I’ll grab a picture when I get a chance but just wondering if that’s right I feel like I may have ended up with the wrong part here.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
macuserman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:33 pm

I ordered some valve seals for my rebuild project and when they came they have this large metal flange around them. Is that right? I had another sample one and it didn’t have the big metal flange on it. I’ll grab a picture when I get a chance but just wondering if that’s right I feel like I may have ended up with the wrong part here.

No the valve stem seals should not have metal flange around going out but do have a metal body going down. Rockauto has Felpro seals on wholesale close out for cheap.

By macuserman
GT4LIFE wrote:
macuserman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:33 pm

No the valve stem seals should not have metal flange around going out but do have a metal body going down. Rockauto has Felpro seals on wholesale close out for cheap.

Crap! I was afraid that was the case. I was trying to order this Viton seals but got the wrong part number. Correct part is on the right, but I don’t have the number for it.
By 92GT
Posts Avatar
The one with the flange is one for also shiming the springs. Or if the spring seat area is damaged.
Casper 2.0

https://youtu.be/KeR7CO1WZmk

Did I see a front bumper cover too? Mine's been tr[…]

SSGTI.com car...

Is was the red one. With bodykit. It is an mk2 GT[…]

MKI G10T ISC and EGR VSV

Seeking a good working MKI G10T vacuum switching v[…]