CONTROL MODULE
33920-86510
EPI-001 7414
Hitatchi, Ltd.

On a small label on the opposite short side from the contacts it says:
EPI-001H 369
By Teeth
Posts Custom Donations Avatar
For reference, #84 sent me pictures and his ECU is a MK1 ecu, hence the confusion. We did not get those in the US, and it's substantially different than the Mk2/Mk3 ECUs, as it only controls fueling, with ignition advance handled by a vacuum-advance distributor. This is definitely more primitive, but I have located the fueling maps in the chip code, so it should still be possible to tune (fuel only, obviously).
By #84
Thanks. Kind of negative news. What is the chance to find a MkII, or MkIII ECU?

Next thing that worries me is that I didn't manage to identify the chip itself. In the ECU's I've played within the past there has been a chip in a socket, easy to remove/replace.

I think I send you a picture the circuit board to sort out what is what.
By Teeth
#84 wrote:.. quick search. I found a 1990 "F3" unit. Maybe that is a more clever way to go?
Yes, but be aware that you would need the correct ECU controlled distributor to go with it and most likely the harness, and possibly other sensors.

I worked with a tuner from Holland to help him tune his Mk1 g13b-powered Locost, and he found that while the later ECU will plug directly in to the connectors, it will not run the car without, at minimum, swapping some pins. It might be doable, but you'd have to look carefully at the MK2/3 pinout. I think that's available somewhere, but it might require some digging and be aware that it is another project.

The mk1 chip is fairly easy to find, however. It's the one at the top left in the photo that has the sticker reading: EPI OO16, or similar. Image

The tuner that I worked with did not share his final results with me, which is disappointing, but I did find the fuel maps, and ...likely... the rev limiter for him. The main issue is that there are 8 fuel maps :o and it's unclear whether the ECU switches between them or if so, under what circumstances it switches. You should be able to use the Ostrich to figure this out, but there's no way to know from the code, and again, my Dutch friend did not share. If it works, I've attached the Mk1 .bin and ECU definition suitable for use in Tunerpro as a .zip archive. This definition does not include the rev limiter, but if you go that route I'll share what I think will work to alter it. 8-)
By Teeth
Sorry, it looks like I can't attach the files here, but I'll send them by email :)
By Teeth
Just a zip file--I'm getting an error that says "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"
#84 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks all of you for quick and informative replies!

I failed this time to retrieve anything useful from the “wayback machine” function handling old posts. Maybe I am luckier another day.

I check with suprf1y and Teeth first and see what comes out of that.

I don’t think the link under archives is working since this site went to another server. This link should work for Teamswift:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170625202 ... swift.net/
new job

:-o wow :-o i wrote a small list of items for t[…]

I have a complete set. I only installed the insid[…]

HVAC Foam Seals

Some images to go with. I'm not sure if he is sti[…]

RZCrew Garage Intakes

I have this saved on my car sites. Looks better m[…]