By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I figured I would start a thread for the build of my g13b turbo exhaust manifold. I do have my hands on the dwg file for cutting out the exhaust manifold flange. I will figure out how to post this here for others to cut out. It saves time having the file. I'll start with some pictures of what I'm starting with:

Below is the link to my google account and access to the dwg file for the exhaust flange:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZmINE ... 3nvxtA4-tP

I have one flange cut in hand, and a box of long schedule 10 90 degree bends and a few short ones.
Teeth, Walt liked this
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I think I got the flange and turbo to where I want it. There really isn't a lot of room to shift any direction. I have about 4" of height above the oil return on the oil pan. I'm glad I put it in because there wouldn't be much downward slope on the oil return especially if I go to a larger turbo. I think for now I can keep the oil filter in place, but if I go larger that will be relocated. I still will need a adapter flange for the oil cooler. Man everything is going to be tight having the intercooler, air filter, oil cooler, radiator, and intercooler piping. I might abandon the idea of the evo 8 9 intercooler.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
Quick photo of the flange:

I will double check the fit and make a cardboard box as a guide for runner clearance issues. I was spot on with my line up for the oil return line. Really there was only one spot to put the return fitting on the oil pan.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I haven't made any huge gains on this project. I started my wire welding class, but haven't yet had access to stainless wire yet. I know I need to move the base over 3/4" to the passenger side. I was running into a possible clearance issue with the radiator. I pieced the driver side pieces together and feel fairly confident that with the shift that that side will weld up and clear just fine.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
Almost done. I'll take some pictures and finish up and take a few more. There is not a lot of room for changes to the ram horn manifold. I don't think it would ever work with AC. Before I have it professionally tig welded for a cheaper price then my time I will do a final install and tack the main 90 for the o2 housing and downpipe. I'll weld those up to get a little bit more experience. I'm really looking forward to see the final fit for everything. I'm off work in less then six weeks, and that is when I can switch everything over.

The stainless steel cast merge collector was worth every penny, and realistically I don't think you could get a shorter more smooth and precise merge collector with a wastegate. The wastegate hits all four cylinders almost equally which is ideally. It is 90 degrees to flow which is not perfect, but a lot better than the ones that head back upstream. The bad is I won't be able to use it for a ways out. I'll get everything set on the RBH5 vj11 and then go with a standalone engine management system then come back in with a slightly bigger turbo with divorced wastegate. I'm eye balling the T3 50 Turbonetics or even the 60.
By jamalspelling
Posts Donations Avatar
Nice work. Wish I could do that.
Smart idea having it finished pro while you're learning.
Lot of work so far and good planning, nobody will ever give
it that level of love no matter how much you spend, and you
have the satisfaction level of, I made that.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
jamalspelling wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:55 pm Nice work. Wish I could do that.
Smart idea having it finished pro while you're learning.
Lot of work so far and good planning, nobody will ever give
it that level of love no matter how much you spend, and you
have the satisfaction level of, I made that.
Thanks. I would love to try the finish welds, but realistically it doesn't make sense for me to to do it. I do have to wait to test fit, unless I some how manage to secure enough time to get down to the shop before work ends for the year. The at home list is growing to large and I need to finish some long over do projects on the house.

First time I've seen Rays Gram Lights in that patt[…]

SKU:AP-HSK-SUZUKI G13 is the ARP head studkit. ord[…]

new job

there is a sign on the wall, as well as printed on[…]

Turbo Exhaust Manifold

One of my goals was to not increase the injector s[…]