Have a Ragtop question? Post it here!
By pilkguns
Posts Avatar
I still have 15 pages to go ! the first 15, LOL I had already read through the first 15 pages of the 79 total before I decided I need to start consolidating them. and these of course, mostly vert specific. I've owned my first Metro vert about 6 years. Since then 4 more have came into my hands.
So we don't clog up this thread. On behalf of everyone here. Thank you for this.
pilkguns liked this
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
All hail Richard!! :P
pilkguns liked this
By pilkguns
Posts Avatar
On a 1991 Metro LSi, there is a strap at the middle of the rear window. It is connected at both ends and has a snap which makes it shorter. When I button closed the snap, the top is too tight to close, by 1/1 - 3/4 inch. When left unsnapped, the top seems a bit loose. The manual doesn't mention it. So, what is it for?

the strap adjusts the position of the floating bow so that it aligns with the seam that changes the angle of the top from flat to the slope of the rear part.

if the top is too tight with the floating bow centered in the seam you are way past due for a new top rag. ;)

be aware that at this point you are risking physical damage to the latch blocks and top frame. time to buy a new rag and install it.
By pilkguns
Posts Avatar
not from Richard but should be here

I will link to and also copy and paste from my earlier failed attempt at getting these seals. Here is the thread. Vert weatherstripping Source

And here are the relevant part numbers.

Weatherstrip Top RH 84642-50D01
Weatherstrip Top LH 84652-50D01

Weatherstrip Mid RH 84643-50D01
Weatherstrip Mid LH 84653-50D01

Weatherstrip Rear RH 84644-50D01
Weatherstrip Rear LH 84654-50D01

Weatherstrip Door Post top RH 84645-50D00
Weatherstrip Door Post top LH 84655-50D00

Windshield header seal 84665-50D02

Weatherstrip door opening RH 84641-50D00
Weatherstrip door opening LH 84651-50D00

Door Glass Guide 84666-50D00 There are 4, two on each upper seal. Edit: These are included with the top seals but available separately as well.
Door Glass Guide 84667-50D00 There are 2, one on each mid seal

The supplier

http://www.amayama.com/
They do not have a breakdown drawing for the vert. You will have to input the Suzuki part number and do a search.
By pilkguns
Posts Avatar
Am contemplating buying a windscreen deflector that goes behind the seats and covers area behind seats and has a vertical widscreen that extends up vertically behind the headrests.Has anybody ever tried one of these wind dedlector screens on a geo metro convertible?

i have a wind block on my mercedes slk230. it's a bolted on, red lighted, etched acryllic panel.

i have never seen one for a metro vert. i'm not sure that one would even fit a metro vert.

i'd look at mounting the deflector to the rear cowl. i'd also probably device a mounting that would provide a quick release to make it removable. the only way i see being able to put the top up would be with no obstruction from the wind screen. you might even be able to use a hinge so you could fold the seat backs forward and then fold the screen forward.
By pilkguns
Posts Avatar
I wanted to make a special dedication to Richard since I have a car that has a turbo engine that he built. In fact if you look at this Hemmings motor news story
https://www.hemmings.com/users/89867/ride/1475.html
the engine pictured is the engine that’s now in my Vert.

When I first started fooling with this project. I was going to buy a Suzuki chair that I was going to get Richard to sign as well as my other partners in crime Andrew Washer and Dan Shaver. Anyway the guy that I was trying to buy that Suzuki chair from turned out to be a scammer and I didn’t get that (although he got my money) . Next thing you know Richard was sick and then Richard was gone. So another long year of stops and starts and I’m still wanting to kind of do something Richard related to the car and I’m trying to figure out what do I wanna do about my dash odometer because this Vert is really a whole new car this turbo engine and all the Swift GT parts it has installed. It’s really starting life all over again so I should start with a specific odometer mileage? Like should that be zero? Or shouldn’t it be 100,000 or maybe start with 2020 for gosh sake ? And then I was thinking about Richard and I’m like well you know , I wonder how old Richard was maybe that would be a good odometer number so I asked on here and found out Richard was 64. 64 wa a cool number for me because I was born in 1964 and it was also my football jersey number, so 64000 it is

Here’s my first little tribute to Richard on the dash with the mileage set
[image]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202011 ... 782581.jpg[/image]

I want to thank Aaronvincent for his link on how to reset odometer mileage on here
odometer-rollback-or-forward-t37346.html
Meanwhile, I wanted to go with white faced gauges, so found a set of stickers on ebay and bought them. So I’m sitting around looking at them and I wanted to change my “unleaded gas only” to “premium gas only” because two of my other cars are so marked on the dash, (a Mercedes 320 Vert and a 03 Marauder) and then I’m like well what else can I do here if I’m printing the gauges over again. I am looking at the MPH sweep and the numbers and what do I do and I’m looking at that big white space in the tach area….. hmmmmm….. hmmmmm. there’s a big white circle……. Hmmmm, what do I know that is a big circle shape?

and it hit me Richard’s avatar Tubby, so I went to looking on the Internet and found lots of pictures from the Tubby cartoon series , and a little bit of Photoshop work later and some printing and some cuttings and some sweat and then here you go

RIP Richard t3ragtop
https://geometroforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p745880
macuserman, Walt liked this
By macuserman
pilkguns wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 pm

I wanted to make a special dedication to Richard since I have a car that has a turbo engine that he built. In fact if you look at this Hemmings motor news story
https://www.hemmings.com/users/89867/ride/1475.html
the engine pictured is the engine that’s now in my Vert.

When I first started fooling with this project. I was going to buy a Suzuki chair that I was going to get Richard to sign as well as my other partners in crime Andrew Washer and Dan Shaver. Anyway the guy that I was trying to buy that Suzuki chair from turned out to be a scammer and I didn’t get that (although he got my money) . Next thing you know Richard was sick and then Richard was gone. So another long year of stops and starts and I’m still wanting to kind of do something Richard related to the car and I’m trying to figure out what do I wanna do about my dash odometer because this Vert is really a whole new car this turbo engine and all the Swift GT parts it has installed. It’s really starting life all over again so I should start with a specific odometer mileage? Like should that be zero? Or shouldn’t it be 100,000 or maybe start with 2020 for gosh sake ? And then I was thinking about Richard and I’m like well you know , I wonder how old Richard was maybe that would be a good odometer number so I asked on here and found out Richard was 64. 64 wa a cool number for me because I was born in 1964 and it was also my football jersey number, so 64000 it is

Here’s my first little tribute to Richard on the dash with the mileage set
[image]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202011 ... 782581.jpg[/image]

I want to thank Aaronvincent for his link on how to reset odometer mileage on here
odometer-rollback-or-forward-t37346.html
Meanwhile, I wanted to go with white faced gauges, so found a set of stickers on ebay and bought them. So I’m sitting around looking at them and I wanted to change my “unleaded gas only” to “premium gas only” because two of my other cars are so marked on the dash, (a Mercedes 320 Vert and a 03 Marauder) and then I’m like well what else can I do here if I’m printing the gauges over again. I am looking at the MPH sweep and the numbers and what do I do and I’m looking at that big white space in the tach area….. hmmmmm….. hmmmmm. there’s a big white circle……. Hmmmm, what do I know that is a big circle shape?

and it hit me Richard’s avatar Tubby, so I went to looking on the Internet and found lots of pictures from the Tubby cartoon series , and a little bit of Photoshop work later and some printing and some cuttings and some sweat and then here you go

RIP Richard t3ragtop
https://geometroforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p745880

He would have really liked this, @t3ragtop
pilkguns liked this
By Murf
Posts Avatar
Very cool. He would like this pretty sure. And just a reminder, it is illegal to set back odometers so a word to the wise, don’t mention names.
pilkguns liked this

Is that an automatic transmission? Not if it[…]

EV please?

For near 50 years ive been a fan of ultimate fuel […]

CAMI gets a new job!

The plant that built GEO is getting a new lease on[…]

92 Black GT

I picked up some Koni yellow sport rear struts, a […]