Have a service you'd like to offer? Making your own aftermarket parts? Post it here!
By macuserman
I was chatting with 92GT and mentioned that my biggest issue with putting a go fast snail on my engine is that I am a sissy and I don't want to lose AC. He said no problem you just need a log style manifold and everything will fit I'm pretty sure there is a company that still makes those. A bit of googling and I found this:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/pr ... o+Manifold

Question is does anyone know of any projects that used this style I can have a look at? I've got my curiosity peaked now.
By macuserman
Instant_shine wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 am I'm using that one. But I wanted to buy another one and emailed them about it. They don't have them anymore.
Dang that sucks! Chances of finding a used one are probably non existent as well. You're lucky to even have one. Hey BTW what's your address Instant_shine? I have something to mail you..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you have any pictures of it installed? What's the space like? Not that I"ll be able to get one, but for curiosity sake.
By t3ragtop
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
just to chime in, the manifold in the pic isn't a log style. ;)

a log looks like a turbo3 factory manifold which joins the head at each port and has the turbos positioned at the end.

the manifold in the pic is a non-equal length runner center spout type. I looks like a cast manifold, keep it dry. ;)
By 91 ragtop
Posts Avatar
I'd like to see a picture of that one also. I built mine to keep the A/C and centered the turbo below number 3 cyl and it doesn't leave much room to clear the compressor. This cast one looks like it is closer to the pass side making less room for the A/C.

Ken........
By macuserman
91 ragtop wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:22 am I'd like to see a picture of that one also. I built mine to keep the A/C and centered the turbo below number 3 cyl and it doesn't leave much room to clear the compressor. This cast one looks like it is closer to the pass side making less room for the A/C.

Ken........
Oooh! Did this work out for you? Got any pictures of this thing in the car and all plumbed up? I'm really interested in seeing turbo setups that managed to keep the AC working.
By macuserman
t3ragtop wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:51 am just to chime in, the manifold in the pic isn't a log style. ;)

a log looks like a turbo3 factory manifold which joins the head at each port and has the turbos positioned at the end.

the manifold in the pic is a non-equal length runner center spout type. I looks like a cast manifold, keep it dry. ;)
I missed this comment before, but I appreciate the clarification Richard. I wouldn't have thought to make the distinction between the two but having seen the factory turbo3 manifold before I know what you mean. I should change this thread title to possible AC clearing turbo manifolds...
By 91 ragtop
Posts Avatar
macuserman wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:19 am
91 ragtop wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:22 am I'd like to see a picture of that one also. I built mine to keep the A/C and centered the turbo below number 3 cyl and it doesn't leave much room to clear the compressor. This cast one looks like it is closer to the pass side making less room for the A/C.

Ken........
Oooh! Did this work out for you? Got any pictures of this thing in the car and all plumbed up? I'm really interested in seeing turbo setups that managed to keep the AC working.
I have (for the most part) in the metroforum projects under turbo gt vert the build that I've got done so far. This is a shot showing how I got around the compressor. Image
What did you do to your Swift today

bought more parts....a running, somewhat driving […]

RZCrew Garage Intakes

A word to the wise. SRD are rip off artist. Avoid[…]

92 Black GT

I tighten my alternator today, cleaned down the ca[…]

new job

:-o wow :-o i wrote a small list of items for t[…]