Have a service you'd like to offer? Making your own aftermarket parts? Post it here!
By macuserman
I’m considering these for my next engine. I reached out to the seller for more details and this is what he said:
Hi Ivan,
Stock springs are 50Lbs installed, these are 70Lbs so up 20Lbs or if you like, a 40% increase.
Fitted at the stock height the max valve lift is 12.9mm. If you need more tension then a .060 shim brings the seated pressure up to 85Lbs (71% increase over stock) but drops the available max valve lift back to 12mm.
16 units to a set.
Let me know if there’s anything else you need.
Regards,
Allen

Performance Valve Springs

Not sure what the benefit of these boils down to with regards to HP, but it’s intriguing anyhow.
By suprf1y
Posts Avatar

Not sure what the benefit of these boils down to with regards to HP, but it’s intriguing anyhow.

Zero.

The stock springs are excellent and capable of regular 8500+ RPM and as much lift as you’re going to use in anything but a full race car
By macuserman
suprf1y wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Same guy?

https://performancesprings.com.au/

Not sure if it’s the same guy but that’s where the springs are from. He may be a dealer or something. So no benefit to these? I need to dig through the old archives of TS and try to find some of the engine building threads. I’m trying to gear up for my engine build and I just don’t know what I’m looking for necessarily. I’ve got a lot of parts already, but I’m not sure how to put it together in the best way so that everything works together, or what I"m missing to make everything happy. Guess I need to make an engine build thread for advice.
92 Black GT

I tighten my alternator today, cleaned down the ca[…]

new job

:-o wow :-o i wrote a small list of items for t[…]

I have a complete set. I only installed the insid[…]

HVAC Foam Seals

Some images to go with. I'm not sure if he is sti[…]