Do you compete in motorsports with your Suzuki or Suzuki engined vehicle? Tell us about it. Event write ups, pictures, and results go here. Have a question about rules or setups? This is the place.
So it’s not a competition….or is it?

I’ve decided that, though it means I may compete no more than once annually, SCCA Time Trials are what I want to run. To that end I sadly began to do some minor downgrades to fit into the class where I feel I have the best chance at being sort of competitive, tuner 5. The big downgrade was to remove the Cultus intake and go back to the original part, but I also had to put the radio antenna, rear windshield wiper, and other random odds and ends back on. I hate to do it, but I want to compete and I don’t want to do forced induction or aero, so this is how it has to be :mad:

So I did that and was having some trouble getting everything back how I wanted to before the National Tour event held close to my new home in WA. I ran a nearly bone stock EP3 Civic Si that we picked up here to be our DD/beater/marginally safe child-transport car instead. That went pretty well, but I didn’t post up here because I felt like I was cheating on the Swift, lol.

I now have things a bit better sorted, so I took the Swift the SCCA’s last “Track Night in America” event of the season with the goal of beating the time I put down at the TT in the Civic.

Race Chrono says I did, (208.6 vs 2:10.06 or something like that) and it was good to have the Swift as a dancing partner again. I’ve still got some work to do on my intake (rules say pcv system may have a catch can but it must not vent to atmosphere and be plumbed roughly the same). That’s easy on the pcv side, but not so much on the pre-TB side, and now I’ve got oil collecting in my air cleaner again. Also, I think I’m pretty much done with K&N filters, but that’s another post.

Anyway, the event was a hoot despite terrible air quality from all the fires. Here are some pictures and link to Youtube highlights:

Yes that’s the sun.

My video rig has not improved with age :crying: I believe the sensor is actually a little loose in the camera housing, so it’s even shakier than normal. I have a Polaroid cube on the way so it won’t happen again, but I also made some effort editing the footage to make it a little more interesting.

https://youtu.be/v0yPeJi1LMc

Cheers!
No, no, I have one of Balli’s torsen diffs, but you can hear it going open when the front tire gets light in a couple of places. Mine has not been quite perfect and I suspect it may be in need of a rebuild…
Walt liked this
By WilliamcuM
It looks like next week its gonna be rainy on both track days. I would like to go on wednesday but i dont think the weather will help.

When will your car see the street again “redrkt” ??
87 Turbo shell

Does he still have what he stripped off it?

pontiac truck

washed the parts engine / trans....my pressure was[…]

92 Black GT

Lucky you did not run dry on engine oil :crying:[…]

new job

all caught up, so i am assembling an engine, that[…]