Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
totally annoying- pressure washer waiting for a pump, since MAY, before i started working there…pump shows up thursday, fight to install it ( vertical drive pumps are garbage, imho ) clean carb, adjust top end rpm, repair rusted shut nozzle, only to have the new pump have a defective unloader valve- as soon as you let go of the wand trigger, the pump loads up with psi, and kills the gas engine dead. its the unloader valves job to bypass pressure when you let go of the trigger, but its not doing its job. defective pump. new out of the box defective. new pump was $200, plus labor and carb kit, tune-up parts… a quick ½ hour pump install , turns out to be almost 3 hours, just to find out the new pump is fubar

go out and buy a new one for $250 300 on sale….or buy a better, HORIZONTAL pump unit.
and people swearing up and down that their pressure washer didnt freeze- um, all it takes is a drop of water in the pump pistons to damage them. we crrently have 8 pressure washers of different makes. with cracked pump housings.
some of the pumps are $380 :-o but i only paid $250 on sale….

if you pay more than $200 for a vertical pump pressure washer, you got ripped off. plain and simple. and electric ones are no better, and alot harder to work on….

and lots of milwaukee warranty work….LOTS. chinese quality, at an american price. same with '‘ridgid’' brand tools. go online and register your tool, or else no lifetime warranty !
hardly any dewalt, makita, or hitachi tools come in….either they are really good, or people have been brainwashed into buying '‘the power of red’'….
hmm my dewalt tools have been going strong for 18+ years…..and i have abused them. :laugh:
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
that’s because the stuff the box stores sells is junk to begin with. The RWD Husqvarna threw a rod so the owners of the building bought a Toro front wheel drive. Tinny piece of crap can’t mow a straight line to save itself.
By suprf1y
Posts Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

and lots of milwaukee warranty work….LOTS. chinese quality, at an american price. same with '‘ridgid’' brand tools. go online and register your tool, or else no lifetime warranty !
hardly any dewalt, makita, or hitachi tools come in….either they are really good, or people have been brainwashed into buying '‘the power of red’'….

That’s funny, the only tools that lasted in our shop is Ridgid. After everything else was either destroyed or just stopped working the 10 year old Ridgid stuff just kept on going
fireflyse liked this
By macuserman
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

totally annoying- pressure washer waiting for a pump, since MAY, before i started working there…pump shows up thursday, fight to install it ( vertical drive pumps are garbage, imho ) clean carb, adjust top end rpm, repair rusted shut nozzle, only to have the new pump have a defective unloader valve- as soon as you let go of the wand trigger, the pump loads up with psi, and kills the gas engine dead. its the unloader valves job to bypass pressure when you let go of the trigger, but its not doing its job. defective pump. new out of the box defective. new pump was $200, plus labor and carb kit, tune-up parts… a quick ½ hour pump install , turns out to be almost 3 hours, just to find out the new pump is fubar

go out and buy a new one for $250 300 on sale….or buy a better, HORIZONTAL pump unit.
and people swearing up and down that their pressure washer didnt freeze- um, all it takes is a drop of water in the pump pistons to damage them. we crrently have 8 pressure washers of different makes. with cracked pump housings.
some of the pumps are $380 :-o but i only paid $250 on sale….

if you pay more than $200 for a vertical pump pressure washer, you got ripped off. plain and simple. and electric ones are no better, and alot harder to work on….

hmm my dewalt tools have been going strong for 18+ years…..and i have abused them. :laugh:

Knock on wood but all my Makita tools are still going strong and I work them pretty hard. I just keep buying more of it because it never lets me down even though it costs a little more.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
had one item i repaired come back on tuesday…..a CHINESE generator…..large suitcase type, fully enclosed, fancy digital screen, COMMAND START…. :laugh: JUST GIMMICKS TO SELL THE UNIT.
buddy purchased it from napa on a '‘special buy’' sale-AKA- good luck on parts and service for said unit.
was new in2011, but sat with fresh gas for 6 years in his shed, so thats ok, right? carb was in terrible shape. so much corrosion, parts eaten away, parts frozen from fuel gum…..'‘i just put fresh fuel in it, and it wouldnt start’' :laugh:
then once i got it apart, i noticed someone else was in there, before me….. told my boss, i made note of it on the invoice.
customer denied that he had it open, when i showed him the marks on the wiring, he fessed up and said they had it apart, to fix the recoil….
holy crap there is wiring in there, compared to a NAME BRAND unit…
so i got it running good, after dumping his '‘fresh’' gas , flushing fuel tank, new fuel filter, spark plug, oil change,and finally figuring out what was missing from the carb- a tiny sping had erroded away , from sitting with toxic fuel- he was upset that i dumped out his 4 liters of fresh gas, dumped ontop of what was left in the tank, and ontop of the crusty stuff…
there are no online manuals or diagrams for this chinese gen-set. nothing.
so, after all that, threw it outside, fired it up, hooked up a battery charger and charged a battery at the 40 amp setting for almost an hour…ran just fine.
that was two -three weeks ago?

it came back tuesday, complaint of only running for 30 seconds, dead battery, command start killing battery? oh, and the owner took it apart out at the campsite, said it would only run when they dumped gas in the spark plug hole…

tore the whole thing wide open- checked EVERYTHING i could think of- it has spark and fuel when it dies…hmmm

electronic carb, has electric choke and electric throttle plate….hmmm plus a electric '‘anti dieseling’' solenoid , on the bottom of the carb…that solenoid was easy to test, but the electric carb throttle plates? nope, cannot test.
so, as per the senior foremans directions, i unhooked the anti-dieseling solenoid, and taped up the wires.

ran it for another 45 minutes, hooked up to a battery charger again…ran fine….not sure if it ran fine from unhooking that solenoid, or just from having all the electronics disconnected and re-connected a billion times inside that tiny little area…
myself, and the shop foreman, explained to him that we cannot properly diagnose a piece of equipment, that has ZERO technical support. foreman told him to buy a honda gen set. he asked me how to fix the problem. i told him to buy a honda gen set.
my boss told him that he doesnt want to see it again, to take it to a different city, that may have the tech support for it ( nobody does) :laugh:
the guy even went back to napa, and they laughed at him, said thats what you get for buying chinese- they work good when they work, but down the road when they break, there is nobody there for support…

DONT LIE TO ME, AND SAY YOU NEVER OPENED IT….doesnt matter what it is. i can tell.
i enjoy working on name-brand stuff- but even what was a good brand, are now being made in- china- ugh
What did you do to your Swift today

fixed a rather annoying squeaky / grinding rear dr[…]

GT Valve Springs?

I spent a little time looking for a suitable repla[…]

T Shirts Now Available!!

yup, my shirts arrived yesterday. should have boug[…]

Hello Suz Sw Repos

Good to see you here. I might have a GT 5 speed l[…]