By top [email protected]
On the Swift Club of Canada Facebook group we’re getting a meet together for the August Canada long weekend at Lake Louise Alberta. Anyone interested in joining us is welcome. The meet will be on the Sunday giving a day to get there and one to get back home. We will be doing a circle drive from Lake Louise to Banff then to Radium hot springs BC and return to Lake Louise. It’s about a 4.5 hour circle if you’re doing the speed limit and not stopping anywhere but I expect it to take about 8 hours to complete for us.

Being as we’re so spread out, I picked a location that is a reasonable drive for most of us in western Canada to make in a day.

Let me know here or on the FB group if you plan to attend.
fireflyse liked this
By Murf
Posts Avatar
Sounds really cool. Geo Metro Palooza is Aug 8 in Ohio, the next weekend generally is Min Metro Meet in SE Min. Would be cool to be able to do all three. What day in Aug is this going to happen for us down in the States who do not know Canadian holidays?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
top [email protected] wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:38 am

Let me know here or on the FB group if you plan to attend.

Definitely will be attending.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Murf wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am

Sounds really cool. Geo Metro Palooza is Aug 8 in Ohio, the next weekend generally is Min Metro Meet in SE Min. Would be cool to be able to do all three. What day in Aug is this going to happen for us down in the States who do not know Canadian holidays?

Our weekend will be August 1 - 2 - 3
By top [email protected]
fireflyse wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm
Murf wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am

Our weekend will be August 1 - 2 - 3

What Paul said. Sunday being the 2nd and day of the meet. People coming from the west will probably meet up around Revelstoke or Golden BC Saturday evening and people coming from the east, in Calgary where a couple of members live. From those points we’ll all head to Lake Louise on Sunday morning.

People can do as much of the loop as they want, if they wish to split off at anytime for convenience of travel it’s fine. I expect some won’t make the full loop. For instance, those coming from the south would probably want to split off in Radium hot springs and head south towards home and others from the west may part ways in Golden.
By top [email protected]
It depends on covid restrictions. We won’t know until closer to the date but we are going ahead with planning it to happen.
By top [email protected]
It looks like our friends south of the border won’t be able to join us unless they want to cross the border 2 weeks early and put themselves in quarantine. Sorry @Murf
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
top [email protected] wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 pm

It looks like our friends south of the border won’t be able to join us unless they want to cross the border 2 weeks early and put themselves in quarantine. Sorry @Murf

Drat.
By Murf
Posts Avatar
All things in time. If it happens again next year we will see. Would be cool if it were set up just a bit later in time though for me. Geo Metro Palooza is in early Aug, the following weekend is Min Metro Meet. Both great events, would be cool if I could hit a trifecta. A Geo Metro Owners group event 3 week ends in a row. In 2 different countries, and many thousands of miles of travel for me. LOL
mk2 t3 engine build

I think this is an external Suzuki block heater el[…]

Geo Metro Palooza is coming up early in Aug. Grea[…]

Casper 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzZ5XLUIc

Western Canada meet

All things in time. If it happens again next year[…]