Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
not sure which car to work on next…i have since changed my mind on repairing the ’76 f150 and will be selling that truck, so i have room in the shop again….

so, will it be the
’87 3 / 3 / 5 n/a
or
’89 gti
or
turbo swap into a vert….?
gotta remember, winter is coming….and i do need parking inside, for when it gets cold…. :laugh:

my one car has a bit of a '‘lag’' when taking off….will do a fuel filter change and general check-over. my kid drove this car at one time, and was really bad for running on empty, and sucking up the garbage from the bottom of the tank….and plugging the fuel filter…
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
it was the ‘87 that got picked to be worked on….after airing up one tire, and using some carb spray to ’‘excite’' the engine, it was up and running….blew out a mouse house from the exhaust :laugh:
there was only a drivers seat mounted in this car, no carpet…i think that saved this car from any major mouse damage ( plus the copious amounts of rodent poison in the cars )
so the wife mixed up a bucket of hot water / bleach/ soap and we wiped down the entire steel floor, front to back, and under the wire loom / wiring runs everywhere. actually not that bad. found one rodent chewed wire that was easily cut back and a new bullet end installed (for the dome light switch)
the back speakers were not working….i guess when i mocked everything up i forgot to hook up the speakers :wacky: but they work now !!! i was just going to make a solid floor in the rear, but for now i will install the rear seat- its just that the fabric is in terrible shape, and i know how $$$$ it is to get them rebuilt….so, a bed sheet for now will have to do.
side windows are already tinted, now the wife and i need to tackle the rear glass and tint that.
i have whiteline bushings to install into the suspension. already has new struts and shocks, water pump / timing belt / coolant / t-stat

just trying to remember what i did to the car, before it got kicked outside to finish the shop…. :oops:
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
suzukitom wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:47 am
blueturbofly wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:48 am

cant for the life of me find the rear seatbelts for the ’87 :x

maybe tucked under the seat cushion?

did you use it to lift an engine?

stuffed into a box of electrical harnesses?

inside a toolbox?

ha ha maybe i sold them :laugh: i do have a donor car, but the color is different…it has a tan interior, the ’87 is….blue….surprise surprise :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
replaced a passengers side door handle that had broke, with a oem handle…lubed up the inner latch mechanism with graphite spray, as well as the window regulator .

:-o i am out of pass side door handles :-o but have 3 drivers door outer handles :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed a starter on a friends gti swapped vert. his 3 year old new replacement starter was dragging….put an oem used starter on, and it starts way better.
something to be said about new replacement parts, vs oem parts….the new stuff just isnt built very well.
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed oil &filter in one car, fixed a flat on another, aired up the tires on another one….oh the joys of having a fleet of suzukis :laugh:

and after more organizing random boxes, i found the seatbelts for the ’87- might just get that done today…maybe not… ;-)
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
the firefly truck passed the fuel pressure tests- so i swapped out the injector. re-attached a heater box cable. adjusted the drivers door handle and lock rod.

then onto the ’87 …finish installing the stereo / trim bezel , the main power wire for the amp thru a grommet in the firewall, a much better battery connector…
then onto the new bushings for the front end. all new whiteline bushings on hand for the sway bar and lca mounts- the sway bar came off easy, but those lca bolts look like they might fight me :x
slowly getting it done. already has new shocks and struts installed, thats when i noticed the bushings are shot in the front end. not in any real hurry to get it done… :laugh:
fireflyse, Walt liked this
Engine

Turbo power plant Is there a preferred head gas[…]

93 GT for $4200 in Florida

This car looks to be in very nice condition. http[…]

What did you do to your Swift today

I have a pair of '87 calipers wich I will not use[…]

'87 Suzuki Swift commercial

Do you also have an empty trunk :-D My silver p[…]