wife and i attacked the oem caliper from the ’87, took it all apart and cleaned it, very minor rust coloring inside of the caliper / piston bore….the seals were all good, cleaned the bore &piston with crocus type cloth, polish but not scratch the parts….wife got the seal and clip in, with some fancy finger work- those caliper seals can be a real pain in the a$$
well, the cleaned caliper works!!! installed, bled the brakes, and the caliper now releases the rotor….
that is a huge sigh of relief, reman calipers are very hard to find locally atm..
sprayed duct cleaning foam thru and into the hvac system…i really dont want to pull the entire dash out…
installed some led bulbs in the gauge cluster
the donor car has an oem tach cluster, but the wiring is different- so i kept the oem dash without tach. i didnt feel like figuring out the wiring, or changing the wiring harness, or re-pinning the oem harness….i would have to dig deeper into the fsm for the ’87 to figure it out.
removed the previous owners wrong fuel filter, crappy worm gear hose clamps and cracked fuel lines….i have on hand new oem fuel filters, that just clip into the oem filter holder bracket…
very nice, just drop in and turn until it locks in, install new hoses with proper no mar fuel injection hose clamps- not those silly worm gear clamps…i didn’t have enough of the oem constant tension hose clamps , to use those, so i used the second-best thing, fuel injection hose clamps.
the previous owner had a large metal fuel filter, for a newer ford fuel injected vehicle, just hanging from the fuel lines, not even clamped in…
the fuel pump is not the oem one, with the return line that comes straight off of the pump-it has a mess of extra hoses and a plastic tee, so excess fuel can return to tank….just a mess of hoses and crappy worm gear clamps, looks like a 7 yr olds’ science project….
getting close to a decent shake-down run, just before winter….