Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
chased the flickering check engine light- bad 02 sensor
fixed some dead diode led strips on the taillights
looked at the pontiac truck sitting in the corner….have some design changes in mind…..
By TheBlueMelon
Posts Avatar
Payday OFC means new parts for the Sprint.
My old Yokohama tires popped out of their molds sometime in the late 90’s and were well due for replacement. Ended up buying these Federal SS-595 all seasons from Amazon. The Yokohama’s are a 185/60r13 and fit well in terms of sizing, so I went with the same size in the Federals.
The previous owner had at some point installed and later removed a set of fog/driving lights upside-down in the lower grille, so I decided to get a pair of fog lights to put in the existing mounts. As all the period correct options were prohibitively expensive I settled for this set of 3in square pod lights. Amazon reviews stated the lights were more yellow than amber so some amber light tinting film is also on order.
My Dad has been busy at home rebuilding my cooling system while I’m away. Relatively soon I’ll finally be seeing my Sprint again after 6 months away from home, so I have to make the most of the couple weeks I will be able to drive it.
Final project happening back home is a custom adapter to use with a 2in pod filter instead of the stock air box.
On another note, I’d like to use one of the stock switch locations on the dash for the fog lights. If anyone has a lead on where I could get one that would be greatly appreciated. My Sprint is an ’87 Turbo.
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
Kid texted Mum early this morning, said He crashed the car :-o mum was unhinged trying to call him…only a bent wheel…. :x so I dig out my last 14″ wheel for him…snow drifts 68 feet in my yard…
Meet him at the tire shop, and it’s more than a bent wheel….lower control arm mounting point /frame horn pushed over. Car is finished. On to the next donor Car, swap parts around. I only think his pride is hurt.

*slow drive home, it’s in the shop now ….. need to dig out the replacement car from the snowbank and get that inside…I know it runs and drives, but I don’t know how healthy the engine is….at least it has a perfect windshield… ;-)
Last edited by blueturbofly on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Swifterthanu
Posts Donations Avatar
Stole the front steering knuckle to place on a GEO I sold (helping new owner). Ordered new bearing, seals, and rotor to fix the GEO’s knuckle. Once done, I will place mine back on D-CPTR.

PS: Anyone have a decent replacement (Drivers side or Pair) (1999 Swift)
Last edited by Swifterthanu on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Kid texted Mum early this morning, said He crashed the car :-o mum was unhinged trying to call him…only a bent wheel…. :x so I dig out my last 14″ wheel for him…snow drifts 68 feet in my yard…
Meet him at the tire shop, and it’s more than a bent wheel….lower control arm mounting point /frame horn pushed over. Car is finished. On to the next donor Car, swap parts around. I only think his pride is hurt.

I am glad your son is safe.

I got my shirts while I was away. They look great,[…]

I'm finally back home. I have barely been here sin[…]

Nachi and Koyo are both great bearings. Made in Ja[…]

new job

Good luck in the lock down :-/