Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:20 pm

might not buff out….

Had the same thing happen at 100 kph in my 95. Stopped the engine dead. I believe it was worn guides
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
fully rebuilt cyl head, s/s valves, maybe 30,xxx k on it….. :-(
i had another head with s/s valves do the same thing a few years ago…. :grimacing:
bad batch of s/s valves? :-o

i have a low km cyl head from a ’94 i can use. like 84,xxx km low….engine came in a car, that was ran out of oil and tossed a rod…didnt hurt the head…
will flip it over and gas check the valves just to make sure the seats are still sealing…
might just order 3 more 40 over pistons, and start out fresh AGAIN…i was surprised that there were chunks of the destroyed piston on top of the other two pistons…
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
Image went from this
to this

thats the deer hit car that the kid was driving…but now up to me to fix his damage.
the door would not open all the way, so off with the fender and a gentle (rubber mallet and blocks of wood,) massage , it was good enough for the door to clear. modified the hinge to help the door seal better .
replaced broken headlamp &corner lens. replaced high beam relay.
yup, thats deer poop on the door…. :laughing:
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
suzukitom wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 pm

yup, thats deer poop on the door…. :laughing:

hmm… better check the driver seat for the hooman equivalent :laugh:

He’s a strong young man with good muscle control that held it in, but now there is a permanent vee in the seat bun where he clenched his ass cheeks together.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
yesterday-
went to replace a t-stat, bolts snapped off, removed entire housing with sensors, grabbed another housing, went from a 180* to a 195* t-stat, made my own gasket, flushed out heater core
should throw more heat now….ugh its -34c right now…..
but i can get it a balmy +25
c in the shop…. ;-)
fireflyse, Walt liked this
new job

:-o wow :-o i wrote a small list of items for t[…]

I have a complete set. I only installed the insid[…]

HVAC Foam Seals

Some images to go with. I'm not sure if he is sti[…]

RZCrew Garage Intakes

I have this saved on my car sites. Looks better m[…]