Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
not sure which car to work on next…i have since changed my mind on repairing the ’76 f150 and will be selling that truck, so i have room in the shop again….

so, will it be the
’87 3 / 3 / 5 n/a
or
’89 gti
or
turbo swap into a vert….?
gotta remember, winter is coming….and i do need parking inside, for when it gets cold…. :laugh:

my one car has a bit of a '‘lag’' when taking off….will do a fuel filter change and general check-over. my kid drove this car at one time, and was really bad for running on empty, and sucking up the garbage from the bottom of the tank….and plugging the fuel filter…
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
it was the ‘87 that got picked to be worked on….after airing up one tire, and using some carb spray to ’‘excite’' the engine, it was up and running….blew out a mouse house from the exhaust :laugh:
there was only a drivers seat mounted in this car, no carpet…i think that saved this car from any major mouse damage ( plus the copious amounts of rodent poison in the cars )
so the wife mixed up a bucket of hot water / bleach/ soap and we wiped down the entire steel floor, front to back, and under the wire loom / wiring runs everywhere. actually not that bad. found one rodent chewed wire that was easily cut back and a new bullet end installed (for the dome light switch)
the back speakers were not working….i guess when i mocked everything up i forgot to hook up the speakers :wacky: but they work now !!! i was just going to make a solid floor in the rear, but for now i will install the rear seat- its just that the fabric is in terrible shape, and i know how $$$$ it is to get them rebuilt….so, a bed sheet for now will have to do.
side windows are already tinted, now the wife and i need to tackle the rear glass and tint that.
i have whiteline bushings to install into the suspension. already has new struts and shocks, water pump / timing belt / coolant / t-stat

just trying to remember what i did to the car, before it got kicked outside to finish the shop…. :oops:
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
suzukitom wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:47 am
blueturbofly wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:48 am

cant for the life of me find the rear seatbelts for the ’87 :x

maybe tucked under the seat cushion?

did you use it to lift an engine?

stuffed into a box of electrical harnesses?

inside a toolbox?

ha ha maybe i sold them :laugh: i do have a donor car, but the color is different…it has a tan interior, the ’87 is….blue….surprise surprise :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
replaced a passengers side door handle that had broke, with a oem handle…lubed up the inner latch mechanism with graphite spray, as well as the window regulator .

:-o i am out of pass side door handles :-o but have 3 drivers door outer handles :laugh:
What did you do to your Swift today

replaced a passengers side door handle that had br[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKX9EP1ecU&t=[…]

new job

new parts guy has already moved some shelving arou[…]

92 Black GT

I sorted a few loose ends today. My new Race Spor[…]