Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By jumpinwired
Posts Avatar
Received the radio wiring harness today in the mail. $6 free shipping. Honestly it’s much better quality than I would have ever expected for the price.

Some wire matching and some soldering followed up with some heat shrink tubing.

Found a perfect ground since it’s not supplied in the factory wiring. Directly behind the 12v outlet next to the tray. This bolt holds one side of the mounting bracket for the top of the cabinet below.

And here is what it looks like.

And here is what it sounds like. Factory speakers still sound pretty decent.

By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
now its got tunes loud enough to repair (ignore) any existing, or new, random noises that it might make. :laugh:

actually, thats why my one metro is parked- the stereo muffled the sound of the noisy rod (s)

good work so far, its the little things that add up to making the ride better.
jumpinwired liked this
By jumpinwired
Posts Avatar
macuserman wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:22 am

That dash is seriously mint! Man I’m jealous!!

Yeah this was a great buy for a parts car. The interior is very good overall. A few blemishes and some fading here and there but it looks like it’s been garaged for most of it’s life.

I put on some seat covers. I’m a bit concerned that the seat cover will wear the seat also so I think I’m going to get a metro seat or something to put in the car and preserve the factory seat. Maybe if I could find a racing seat at the right price. But it kind of reminds me of vents and intakes that don’t do anything.

This picture was taken in the same parking lot that my white GTi failed. Made it home this time. I mean with the engine still running proper.

A few days ago I was messing around by the distributor when all of a sudden I got shocked. So I immediately started pulling the plug wires and found one that broke right off and the rubber was torn. Parts car to the rescue. Stole a wire right out of my parts from the white GTi.

macuserman liked this
By jumpinwired
Posts Avatar
So if anyone had been wondering, I’ve been pretty quiet mostly cause I just don’t have the money to work on my cars right now. I did do a little repair job on the red GTi.

Replaced the radiator from the extra parts that came with the car. I’ve had no issues with the coolant leaking ever since.

Absolutely no chance there is a thermostat in there.

I had to cut down the hose to fit the radiator. The old rad has the output on the drivers side of the tank and on the replacement it is located on the passengers side.

I’ve been documenting everything with my aCar app so I wanted to show how that works and what it looks like for this type of repair.

One thing I realized I forgot to add in was coolant. You can add multiple “subtypes” to the same record so I should have added in the amount of coolant I used.

I have a good record of exactly what I did. Scanned the receipt and saved some pictures of the replacement hose. I could have gone into much more detail with this record if I wanted to but it’s a pretty basic repair and I think I covered everything that I felt like I needed to.

You can see that there is a place for notes at the bottom of the record. This would be a great place for anything that you might want to reference in the future like brand name or part numbers. You could input any pertinent information like cam specs, recommended type of lubricants, temperatures, pressures. You name it, anything you can put to writing. Anything you might not remember in the future about a repair or upgrade. You can save pdf’s which is great if you just want to scan some things and save them.

I think this would be especially great to have for a custom build of any kind. There’s a lot to be said about this app so I’m thinking about recording a screenshot video at some point and just walking through everything if people might be interested in knowing more.

I am not in anyway affiliated with the developers nor am I sponsored or anything like that. Just really nice app that I like and I want to share with people.
macuserman, Walt liked this
hood/bonnet damper kit

The pad under the hood/bonnet is called a 'silen[…]

sad that so many of his cars are rotting/ sitting […]

T Shirts Now Available!!

Hey guys I posted a link at the GMF to this thre[…]

92 Black GT

Front spoiler idea: https://i.imgur.com/ZskQfLX.[…]