Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
Today I got the return 1″ to ⅝″ aluminum Y pipe welded up. This will go in between my Greddy blowoff/bypass valve out and return 1″ nipple to my cold air inlet pipe pre-turbo. The other end will go along the engine bay to the Mishimoto catch can ( I’ll mount it in the corner between the passenger side strut tower and the firewall. I’m using Summit Racing 10 AN hose for this. All though it is says it is not recommend for barb fittings the Summit Stainless Steel Mesh hose works well with barb fittings. I gave it a go with my waterlines for my heater core. Not a drop of leak yet, and the pressure rating, temperature rating is pretty high. The hose’s inner layer is compatible with oil, water, and air and the stainless weave is pretty good quality. The catch can has ½″ nipple ports for all three. The Summit 10 AN hose will actually work with both ½″ and ⅝″ with a clamp however I will probably replace it with a 10 AN fitting on the can side and convert the pcv valve port to AN also just so I have a cleaner look. I priced out the components to run a shut off valve to the bottom of the catch can with a ⅜″ drain setup. Mishimoto sells the setup for $40 plus shipping, and I priced out the same components on Amazon for quite a bit less with free shipping. With the setup I can just slide the hose over the ⅜″ barb and run it straight down to a oil pan and open the shut off valve. No need to remove the can except to maybe do a yearly deep clean.

I also cut my exhaust off after my last resonator to the back of the muffler. I am switching to 2 ½″ stainless all the way back to the muffler. I also bought two more stainless steel v-bands to make the rear exhaust and muffler easy to remove and repair. I only got to the first v-band next to the muffler on last night. I discovered that my Magnaflow muffler is not quite 2.5″. It is a weird 2 7/16″. I was planning on replacing the muffler before I went turbo because it is a straight through design other then the face that it is centered on the inlet and offset on the single out because it was still too loud even with the two resonators but after putting the turbo on the car has gotten remarkably more quiet. I had to weld a little extension pipe on to the muffler to fit the v-band clamp. This will give me room to salvage the v-band clamp if I ever switch mufflers.

Last night I fixed one of the hangers so the muffler isn’t rubbing on the rear bumper skirt. The original owner had it really jammed up in there actually melting the plastic. I cut the hanger off and moved it up about an inch and over about and ½″. I left the other front hanger alone and it actually was positioned level. I still have to cut the back hanger and move it up on the muffler lowering the rear of the muffler to make clearance for the the v-band and the first 45 degree pipe.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
I cut and spot welded all the pieces. I still don’t own a TIG welder. The guy that did the welds is super good at TIG welding. This piece including the ends on the muffler and the other end took him a little over an hour. He said it wasn’t his best work.
macuserman liked this
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
Front spoiler idea:

It will need to be heavily modified but looks like it has some potential. I would cut about two inches off the bottom folding it over to attach to a flat spoiler. I would also cut out to match the stock intercooler slot and fog lamps. This is a 1990 or 91 Geo Metro bumper flipped upside down.
hood/bonnet damper kit

The pad under the hood/bonnet is called a 'silen[…]

sad that so many of his cars are rotting/ sitting […]

T Shirts Now Available!!

Hey guys I posted a link at the GMF to this thre[…]

92 Black GT

Front spoiler idea: https://i.imgur.com/ZskQfLX.[…]