Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
did a little diagnosing on those hyundai gen-sets, had a few minutes with no other work-orders to do….i got it to crank on the starter, but not long enough for it to actually start…but the electric start actually works now….BUT way too many electronics tied into it… full electronic carb, choke temp sensor in the head, crank delay signal / coil trigger input/ output…and more…. :sick:
then a bunch of stuff came in, so it got put back on the shelf.

had one customer ask for me to fix their stuff, not the co-worker….said the coworker was a useless turd at his old workplace, and he could see that he still has a terrible attitude at this new workplace….simple fixes with good used parts, one a on/ off switch, the other a 20 amp circuit breaker….but i got them fixed rather easily, with used parts that were in the parts drawers, that my co-worker keeps wanting to throw away….asshat.

even the customer told my boss he didnt want the other guy working on his stuff….hmmm
Walt, fireflyse liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
co-wokers job has been terminated as of the 23 of this month….twofold reason….1) it gets slow over the winter months
2) he COMPLETLY LOST IT ON A CUSTOMER after repairing their nail gun- he freaked out saying it was the customers fault it didnt work, that the customer is trying to play '‘switch a tool’‘ to try and scam free repairs ( we mark them so that cant happen) ,blamed the customer for having dirty air, then told the customer ’‘you should know how to fix your own nail gun, you use it all the time’'- it was a big yelling match. in front of all the other employees and other customers… :-o
the trigger on the gun was bad. not the customers fault. improper diagnose/ repair on his behalf.
ummm yeah….good-bye and good riddance.

his wife has a good paying job, he has commented many times that he is just doing this job to get out of the house, and has commented many times that he doesnt know what he is doing, and that he doesnt know to fix stuff….
time to celebrate! :laugh:
macuserman, Walt liked this
By macuserman
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 am

co-wokers job has been terminated as of the 23 of this month….twofold reason….1) it gets slow over the winter months
2) he COMPLETLY LOST IT ON A CUSTOMER after repairing their nail gun- he freaked out saying it was the customers fault it didnt work, that the customer is trying to play '‘switch a tool’‘ to try and scam free repairs ( we mark them so that cant happen) ,blamed the customer for having dirty air, then told the customer ’‘you should know how to fix your own nail gun, you use it all the time’'- it was a big yelling match. in front of all the other employees and other customers… :-o
the trigger on the gun was bad. not the customers fault. improper diagnose/ repair on his behalf.
ummm yeah….good-bye and good riddance.

his wife has a good paying job, he has commented many times that he is just doing this job to get out of the house, and has commented many times that he doesnt know what he is doing, and that he doesnt know to fix stuff….
time to celebrate! :laugh:

Sounds like you will really miss him. :laugh: :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
with every bullet ;-)
By suprf1y
Posts Avatar
OK, maybe you can help me here.

My son is asking for an impact driver/drill set for Christmas. Use will be infrequent and light.
What would you recommend?

Also, for wheel swaps, what cordless impact would you recommend?
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
suprf1y wrote:

OK, maybe you can help me here.

My son is asking for an impact driver/drill set for Christmas. Use will be infrequent and light.
What would you recommend?

Also, for wheel swaps, what cordless impact would you recommend?

it all boils down to what little extra features you want, and then if current impact/ driver matches existing tools, but the biggest is WARRANTY WARRANTY WARRANTY
rigid and milwauke (sp?) have excellent extended warranty, IF YOU JUMP THRU THE HOOPS ONLINE TO REGISTER THE TOOL(S)
not registered online? one year. registered online? rigid= LIFETIME, NO MATTER WHAT- except batteries-be it personal or commercial use…
milwauke, one year, but if registered ONLINE 5 year unlimited, except batteries…
not sure on ryobi stuff…seems like cheap stuff…

dewalt, i am not sure, but the guts for those are damn $$$- had one come in needing work, the trigger/ brushless motor are one piece ( all brands like that now) well over $240 for the guts…. but a new one with battery at crappy trash was $329….

not sure what it is, if milwuake and rigid has been flooded onto the market, but lots of those come in for repair….a few dewalts come in, but mostly corded stuff, the odd old 18 volt xrp( parts are nla for those) and heavily used/ abused stuff from a local tow truck company….the xrp 20 volt ½ impact is a tq monster…
have not seen a hitachi come in, one or two makita cordless….either they dont break, or they arent as common….

find the one with the best warranty, and see if it has the power you need… we have a local construction company that runs all rigid stuff, they abuse the tools, it breaks, they bring it in, look up the serial # online, and if its registered, fixed for free under warranty. many times. ;-)
By macuserman
I have all makita tools and I whale on my impact and drill more than any of it and they have held up without issue. Very powerful and batteries last for a long time. I’d highly recommend a drill/impact makita combo set. Very good tools I bought them 5 years ago and they show no signs of slowing down.
By jumpinwired
Posts Avatar
Just my 2 cents if you’re interested

I bought a dewalt combo 5+ years ago, the 20 volt lithium I think and I got the larger capacity batteries in the bundle.

Was like $300 but it’s been well worth it. No issues and the name basically sells itself. I’m sure I’m a bit bias but to each his own and it’s still not a waste of money unless it doesn’t get used.

I haven’t bought a cordless impact so not sure about those.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
my 18 volt dewalt stuff has been used and abused for the last 8 years…they still make 18 volt batteries, and dewalt makes an adapter to use 20 volt batteries on the older 18 volt stuff….so yeah, the dewalt is fairly versatile when it comes to batteries.
milwauke has many different styles of batteries- it is mind blowing how many different test batteries and chargers we have in the shop, and yet a newer model comes in, with a different style battery…. :sick: and a new battery shop cost is almost $300 :-o then the charger another $150
seen lots of failed milwauke batteries.

dewalt batteries at crappy trash, $99 for TWO …. :P

:-D and my co-worker left two hours early……and he wont be back…… it was nice , i could turn the radio down to a decent level, and i wasnt being bothered every 5 minutes on how to fix something, or watch him like a hawk when he would '‘clean up’' AKA toss alot of good stuff in the garbage…. :grimacing:
By Walt
Posts Donations Avatar
Must be nice :laugh:
Finally working on your own
asics aussehen

Arvind Kejriwal greift Venkaiah Naidu an, um einen[…]

rucksack herren

ÿþDie kostengünstigste Option ist […]

ADIDAS CLASSIC

ÿþFinishing features include Campus bra[…]

92 Black GT

I feel you life has been going so fast I have a ha[…]