Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
new guy seems pretty good, jumped right in and did a carb job on a snowblower, i didnt have to hold his hand.
he finished some leftover work from the previous guy, actually diagnosed the real problem with a drill, not just the other guys '‘ its the trigger’‘ or ’‘it got wet’' bs line…..gearbox was locked up, not a bad trigger…customer was mad….$71 for a trigger, $180 for a gearbox…..so it got salvaged….
he also fixed two framing nailers, he just took his time and installed new parts, made sure the seals were in the right spots….and they worked! the other guy couldnt do that.
he actually knows how to use a multi-meter. he is not scared to bypass switches and what not to diagnose things properly. alot more efficient. no more bashing stuff with a hammer. :-o

lots of snowblowers and leafblowers- the snowbirds cant go south, so now they are getting their stuff serviced….that has been sitting for years…..wow some dirty carbs…. :grimacing:
one came in yesterday with the fuel tank rotted off in pieces….
Walt, fireflyse liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
old guy diving a $100,000 + truck drops off a simple push mower, '‘ engine smokes, diagnose and call for estimate’'
oil is low and jet black. pull the cord a few times, didnt sound right. flipped it on its side and verified a bent crank-shaft.
owner was upset we couldnt fix it, then wanted my boss to buy it….um its scrap buddy….the owner left it behind for scrap, cuz the boss told him he owes $35 for looking at it……
another ass-hat with a generator and portable gas air compressor…..dropped of at 4 pm monday….parts guy called him tuesday morning to tell him the battery was n/g, so the guy came by at 8:30 with a battery and complaining that his items were not done yet…..um….your genrator had wiring / switch issues as well as dirty carb and stale fuel and low engine oil
and your gas air compressor had alot of issues as well. wanted a full service, had to remove air fittings to remove/clean carb , bent exhaust parts, bad recoil, blah blah blah…..
some people have NO CLUE what it takes to fix their stuff/ junk
and 6 snowblowers arrived yesterday, as well as 2 more generators…. ;-) fun fun
By Walt
Posts Donations Avatar
Looks that you have enough to do :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
i cranked out 5 snowblowers and a gen-set yesterday…..not bad at all. well, actually 4 snowblowers….one is waiting for a choke cable, an old honda snowblower that is in MINT shape- did the tune-up, runs good, but waiting on parts now.

the new co-worker actually knows his stuff, has repaired stuff the last guy said was no good or needed a part when that part was actually good….as in a rigid drill…other guy said motor…..so new guy replaces motor in drill….still doesnt work….he tries to hot-wire motor while attached to switch, smokes the test leads. i mention that maybe the switch is shorting out, he dis-connects one terminal, hot-wires motor and it works.
then he back-probes the switch with a dvom, and finds a direct short in the switch. ;-) nice. parts guy orders switch…

and i fought with a '‘poulan’‘ chainsaw….’‘not running, needs tune-up’' :sick: when i read that its usually a death sentence for said 2-stroke, esp chainsaws….remove muffler, scoring on piston and cylinder…..it did idle for a few seconds….dump out unknown fuel, replace cracked primer bulb…it would run, but not rev up…remove and clean carb (seen lots of chainsaws with sawdust in carb) but noticed that someone had turned the idle screw all the way in, and both the high and low jets were screwed all the way out….. :grimacing:
after about a half hour of playing with the carb i finally had it running good, but not great….the cylinder does have issues….
we have lots of poulan chainsaws with wrecked engines…same scored piston/ jug….and a new poulan chainsaw is $129…. :laugh:
By Howas1998
Cordless impact drivers are the best for smooth job and it help in doing fast and accurate
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
wow get a little snow….well, i had 3′ and couldnt get to work for two days….and the shtf…..i got to work last thursday, and there was a shop overflowing with snowblowers. majority of them had been sitting for 5+ years , full of stale gas, badly plugged carbs- constantly removing and soaking carbs….EVERY SINGLE ONE…one i had to soak and clean 4 times before it would run properly…..why do people leave it to the last minute? we were warned about this storm over a week before it showed up…..
oh well, job security :P
fireflyse, Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
wow snowblower central…..every size and shape-lots of near new units, ALL with very dirty carbs. i mean soak overnight dirty :sick:
most have been sitting for 5 to 7 years….
BUT I PUT FRESH FUEL IN IT…. or I PUT IN A NEW SPARK PLUG, BUT IT STILL WONT START-ITS ONLLY BEEN SITTING FOR 5 YEARS OR SO….. :laugh: and some clunkers that need a bunch of work, but people dont / wont spend the money :bored:
keeps me busy, thats for sure. and the business is deemed '‘essential’' , so i should still have a job….another full covid lockdown started yesterday, this time for 3 weeks….. :-o

I got my shirts while I was away. They look great,[…]

I'm finally back home. I have barely been here sin[…]

Nachi and Koyo are both great bearings. Made in Ja[…]

new job

Good luck in the lock down :-/